In Microsoft Windows, it often happens that operating system upgrade using Windows Revise hangs while checking for updates: Windows Update will search for updates, but the set of available plans is never displayed.
The reasons just for this problem can be many, the most frequent are the following:
- your PC is infected by an adware and spyware
- the services required to revise your PC, for some reason, aren’t properly jogging
- the local database of installed updates is dodgy
- some Windows files are corrupted and do not permit the correct setup of Windows Update
- House windows Update does not auto-update to the newest version
- Net connection is not available or DNS servers are wrong/not updated
Before going forward with the following alternatives, we recommend to let Fix Windows Update Stuck look for improvements for a few several hours, because we noticed that on some systems this procedure actually takes an extremely long time. This all must be done after disabling sleep from Control Panel-> Power Options, by clicking on “Change plan settings” and then environment the “Put the laptop or computer to sleep” to “Never”.
If in spite of this you’ve still acquired problems, the essential thing to do is to check Net connection and DNS: for the first one, just open a simple web page from your internet browser, while for the 2nd one you can run the following command from the command prompt:
Another fairly rapid solution, which in most situations proves to be resolutive, is to manually revise Windows Update agent. This kind of can be done by downloading the corresponding MSU file at the pursuing links:
- Windows 8. one particular: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3138615
- Windows 7 SP1: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3138612
Before proceeding with the installation, you must stop the Windows Revise service with the next command word:
net stop wuauserv
With Windows Update service ended, another thing you can try is to erase or rename %WINDIR%/SoftwareDistribution directory: you will forfeit the record of all previous installed updates, but Windows Revise will be forced to rebuild the neighborhood updates repository and that could solve your problem.
For Glass windows 7 SP1 and Home windows Server 2008 R2 there exists another Microsoft fix, which is often downloaded and installed very much the same explained above:
Another make an effort that you can do is to evaluate and eventually repair Windows system documents, which is often done by jogging the following command at the command prompt:
There is also a Microsoft tool, that i believe is rarely important, which allows you to diagnose and troubleshoot Glass windows Update service, that can be downloaded at this links:
- Glass windows 7 SP1/8. 1: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2714434 (direct download link: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262)
- Windows 8/10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter
Therefore far, if all detailed methods fail, your only alternative is to use a Window update high street tool, that can be downloaded at this address:
The procedure is just as follows:
- after you extract the items of the zip record, open the “wususoffline” file and click updategenerator. exe
- check the version/architecture (32/64 bit) of your main system
- check the “Include Home windows Defender definitions” option
- click “Start” to get started on the down load of accessible updates
- after download has finished, open up the “wususoffline/clients” folder and click updateinstaller. exe
- also check the “Automatic restart the pc and recall” option
- click “Start” to get started on getting the downloaded updates
Now of the article, with a 99% chance you should have solved your House windows Update problems!