Starting or managing a small business can be a challenging proposition. You need a skillful, trustworthy, and effective attorney by your side to counsel you through the process. At Yaser Ali Law, we are dedicated to protecting our clients’ interests and are committed to helping you and your business succeed.
We provide assistance in the following areas:
- Business Formation – Starting a new business is both exciting and often intimidating. We know because we’ve done it ourselves. First things first, choosing the right entity structure can ensure that you, your family, and your new business will be protected from liability. As your trusted legal counsel, we will advise you what entity structure best suits your needs and assist you in forming and maintaining your new LLC, closely-held business, corporation, or partnership.
- Non-Profit Formation– Non-profit organizations have unique needs and statutory guidelines. At Yaser Ali Law, we assist clients with the formation of new charities and other nonprofit organizations that achieve their philanthropic goals.
- Business Contracts and Transactions– Contracts exist so that everyone is clear on what each party’s rights, responsibilities and expectations are in a business transaction. A sound legal contract can save you time and money and reduce stress. When contract terms are vague, missing, or breached, businesses and individuals face uncertainty and adverse operational exposure. We work with clients to identify risk exposure, negotiate and draft contracts around minimizing such exposure, ensure legal compliance, and create contracts that contain clear language concerning the obligations of the parties.
- Employment Contracts– Having a qualified attorney review your employment agreement can be one of the most important decisions of your career. At Yaser Ali Law, we have experience negotiating favorable terms for employees in a variety of employment relationships. We also counsel employers across a broad range of issues such as separation agreements and releases, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, employee misconduct and discipline, employee policies and handbooks, workforce reductions and preventative training.
- Buying or Selling A Small Business– When you are considering expanding or selling your business, it is essential to conduct a thorough investigation to ensure that your interests are protected. A complete understanding of the entity’s assets, liabilities, operations and tax issues is critical. We can help you identify any risks, then minimize their chances of affecting your business. We can also help draft and enforce thorough contracts that protect your business and prevent disputes down the road. We work with an exceptional network of financial professionals to structure acquisitions that meet your goals.
- Confidentiality Agreements– Confidentiality agreements, also called non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), are often used to protect proprietary information, trade secrets, and prevent certain types of competition. NDAs typically are used when two companies or individuals are considering doing a business together. Although these agreements may seem straightforward, it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney working create or review any confidentiality agreement involving your you or your company in order to protect your rights and ensure enforceability.
- Lease Agreements – Commercial leases can be complicated and often require sophisticated legal advice to comprehend. At Yaser Ali Law, we are able to highlight and explain the important terms in your commercial lease, so you can quickly and easily understand your obligations. We guide your business through negotiations to empower you to better understand your lease and landlord, which often earns your business valuable concessions. And by drafting protections into your lease, we help give your business the flexibility it needs to grow and succeed.
In addition, disputes in a business are bound to occur. When they do, you need a formidable attorney with extensive knowledge of the legal system that can effectively advocate on your behalf. At Yaser Ali Law we have experience representing individuals and small businesses in a broad array of commercial and business litigation matters, including disputes involving:
- Contract interpretation
- Employment /Labor Law controversies
- Licensing claims
- Real Estate transactions
- Shareholder disputes and derivative actions
- Zoning and Land Use litigation
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant disputes
Regardless of whether we are defending an individual plaintiff or a corporate defendant, we approach each engagement with the goal of resolving each case in a manner that serves our clients’ short-term and long-term interests.
To learn more about our business law services or to schedule a consultation, contact us today!
Want to learn more? send us a message below